- With One Step Closer getting favourable radio play in Belgium,
and the Minds due to start a
second session of Proms dates (as quick replacements for Roxette), PIAS decided to ride the wave of band's new high profile with
a single release.
- Fans were slightly disappointed: the single simply cherry picked choice selections from the previous singles;
an exclusive non-album track of New Sunrise from the
Spaceface release and a token remix of
Cry from the previous Absolutely/Eagle singles.
- It was the last Simple Minds release on both Eagle and PIAS, and also the rarest.
Whilst the two-track promo and jewelcased commerical release are rare,
there's also a three-track promo and perhaps a card sleeve edition of the single to track down.
- The front cover photograph by band photographer Matthew Ashton, taken during
The Floating World Tour, became
the image for the band's
Alive And Kicking 2003 outing, appearing on flyers and the tour programme.
- As had become the pattern by now, Absolutely issued
remixes of the title track several months later. However
they did so under the name Biba Rom instead of Simple Minds. At this point, the
Simple Minds discography started becoming very