- This single was issued to promote Gerret Frerich's remix of
Don't You (Forget About Me), which was going to be used
as the soundtrack for an Italian Vodafone advertisement. It was also the only single
from the limited edition
Live And Rare album.
- Phunk Investigation were credited as
the producers and mixers of these tracks - suggesting that these new remixes were derived from the earlier
- A 12" and CD were released within a week of each other in Italy.
- The Perky Park and Gerret Frerich's remixes were unique to this release
whilst the White Spaces remix had previously appeared on the White Spaces featuring Jim Kerr single (which
was issued in Germany.) Phunk Investigation's In The City Mix had previously appeared on a
- The 5th track on the CD was the original mix of the song from 1985. For some reason,
Stephen Lipson was credited
as a co-producer - which was incorrect, as
Keith Forsey produced it alone.
- The 12" release appeared the week before the CD, but the artist on the label was left ambigious - the
title was simply "Don't You (Forget About Me) featuring White Spaces."
- The 12" omitted the Phunk Investigation mix, replacing it with the Eyerer & Laib mix,
which had earlier appeared on the White Spaces featuring Jim Kerr single.
- The four radio remixes remained true to the original song, retaining melody and structure.
- The remixes were by White Spaces (Stefano Silvestri and Dino Maggiorana),
Gerret Frerich, Perky Park and Martin Eyerer and Oliver Laib.
- A two-track promo appeared in December 2003. It featured two exclusive remixes of the song which were both
far more contemporary than the commercially available remixes.
- Absolutely followed the single up with a single sided 10" in June 2004 which featured the
exclusive Danny McMillian remix.
- Vodafone switched songs at the last minute, running the advertisement with Dido's White Flag. A
furious Jim Kerr started legal proceedings.