Home was Simple Minds first release on
Sanctuary Records and the first single to be taken from the
Black And White 050505 album.
- It was released on two CD formats in the UK on the 5th September 2005.
- The mini-CD (in a slimline jewel-case) featured an edit of the title track, along with
Bird On A Wire, a previously unreleased out-take from the
Our Secrets Are The Same sessions.
- The maxi-CD (in full sized jewel-case) was a more substantial affair: along with the album version of
Home, was a cover of
Mighty Joe Moon (originally by Grant Lee Buffalo),
a remix of Home, and the video.
- The original Trixton Porteno Mix featured the melody of Theme For Great Cities. Not wanting to
approach EMI for permission, the track was very subtly altered, sampled and replayed - so it's almost
Theme but not quite!
- The artwork (by Fabrique) featured several throwbacks to earlier Simple Minds releases: the
red and black sans-serif font with black and red colour scheme suggested the
Life In A Day single; the eye montage suggested the fused
Charlie artwork of Love Song/Alive And Kicking; and the cupped
blackbird on the cover was in direct constrast of
Jim holding the white dove on Sanctify Yourself. Whether this was
intentional remains to be seen.
- The artwork in the booklet of the maxi-CD featured the band with their faces superimposed with text. This text came from
some unlikely sources:
Whist it all looked random, these articles were all published on the 5th May 2005 (i.e. 050505).