- Rockets was selected as the first single as promotion for Graffiti Soul. It
was a tough choice as there were several "stand-out" tracks on the album.
- Jim put a tenner on Rockets being the first single (and
- A radio-friendly remix of the song was prepared by Cenzo Townsend. Cenzo was
initially in awe of Bob Clearmountain's initial mix and questioned whether he could make more of the song.
But Jim felt Cenzo's work brought out even more energy
from the track.
- Cenzo's remix was distributed as a one track promo CD.
- The video was exclusively launched by the official site on the 10th April 2009.
- Despite plans for a limited edition 7" single, Rockets was only released as a digital download. Therefore fans had
to track down the promos if they wanted a physical release.
- Record executives and radio stations in Germany preferred Stars Will Lead The Way over
Rockets. Therefore Rockets wasn't promoted or released in
- The clunking Gesamtkunstwerk Mix (or "Total Art Factory" Mix) was initially only available as
a download. However, it did turn up on an ultra rare promo.
rockets: quick reference
|1. ||Rockets||[Radio Edit] ||(3:24)
|2. ||Rockets||[Gesamtkunstwerk Mix]||(3:18)