- This charity single featured a choice selection of tracks from The Lord Of The Wing, a documentary
about Celtic football legend Jimmy Johnstone.
- All proceeds went to: The Jimmy Johnstone MND Tribute Fund, Motor Neurone Disease
Association, Radio Lollipop International and The Children's Hospice Assocation.
- The Bhoys From Paradise was the name given to the collective of artists featured on the CD:
Dirty Old Town was by Simple Minds and Jimmy Johnstone,
Road To Paradise was by Shane MacGowan featuring The Kick Horns and
Lord Of The Wing was by John McLaughlin.
- Recorded during rehearsals for the Alive And Kicking 2003 tour, the version of Dirty Old Town
on the single featured Jim and Jimmy sharing vocals.
A reference CD produced that June 2003, features three different mixes of the song.
- A promotional CD featured Shane MacGowan's Road To Paradise as the
title track. This was the first release and issued in a limited number.
- The second promotional CD has the same running order as the commercial single, and it was this
pressing which was sent out to the record stations and press.
- All the artists involved offered their services for free to raise awareness of Motor Neurone Disease.
- A video of the recording involving
Jimmy can he found
- For more information, check out www.jimmyjohnstone.com