- Magic was the first single released from Walk Between Worlds.
- It was issued to promote the album in January 2018, a month before the album's release.
- It received its official worldwide premiere on the 4th January when it was exclusively played on Chris Evans'
BBC Radio Two breakfast show. The video and downloads of the song were released on
the same day.
- (It actually recevied an unoffical play on RTL Radio in France on the 15th December; an unannounced move,
and given that download links were quickly removed, it was probably erroneously released.)
- Three versions of the song appeared on the 4th January: The full length
album version appeared on Google, Amazon and other digital retailers and was available for purchase; an exclusive edit of the
album version was used for the video; and a remixed edit was used for radio play and
- The remixed edit was by Ash Howes.
- Another song from the album, The Signal And The Noise, was also exclusively played
the same day, this time on Steve Lamacq's BBC Radio Six afternoon show.
- It was BBC Radio Two's Single Of The Week starting Monday 15th January.
- A limited edition 7" was released a month later. Pressed on orange
vinyl with a colour sleeve, it included the exclusive B-side Direction Of The Heart.
It was issued with
some bundles of the album, but was also
sold separately in independent record stores.
- A very limited number of CD promos were pressed and distributed. These exclusively featured an edit of the title
track and were housed in colour card sleeves which were based on the 7".
Similar promos were also pressed and distributed in France and Germany.