alive and kicking (84,85,86): information
- Alive And Kicking (84,85,86) was prepared as a souvenir of the last dates of the
Once Upon A Time tour. It collected several extended versions from both the
Sparkle In The Rain and
Once Upon A Time albums.
- The sleeve was based on the artwork for All The Things She Said
which was their last single to date.
- It was first advertised in the Japanese tour programme and issued on LP and MC in Japan.
- It was then released by Virgin Australia on LP and MC. Despite being labelled a limited edition,
enough copies were pressed for it to be a huge hit in the export markets, therefore cementing the view that
Alive And Kicking (84,85,86) was a predominantly Australian release.
- Virgin Australia emphasised the connection with the tour by printing the tour dates across the base of
- It was reissued by Virgin Australia in 1989 to coincide with the
Street Fighting Years tour. This pressing was identical to
the original Australian edition except it used the generic Virgin blue/white labels and
the old tour dates were removed from the sleeve.
- A CD version wasnít released until October 1990, taking advantage of the publicity of the
Themes Volumes which saw most of the bandís previous 12" records reissued on CD.