- The ICON releases were a series of budget-priced CDs put together by
Universal Music Enterprises. Each single CD featured a selection of "greatest hits" by
that artist, a picture of the band or artist on the cover and the same generic artwork and logos.
- The full series was promoted by Universal Music Enterprises
on their website.
- The Simple Minds Icon package was put together by Virgin America.
It was odd that this release was even considered as it was released in the wake of the American
version of Celebrate: The Greatest Hits + which was
superior in every respect.
- The track listing stuck rigidly to their A&M hits with She's A River
and Broken Glass Park chucked in for good measure.
- The artwork was all black-and-white and featured two unrepresentative shots of Simple Minds
from the New Gold Dream (81,82,83,84) and
Sparkle In The Rain periods.
- Watermarked promos of the album were also distributed before release.