- Issued to promote Empires And Dance, this single was backed with the non-LP track
New Warm Skin which was recorded during the album sessions.
- As a bonus, the first 7,500 copies were issued with a free flexi-disc which was shrink-wrapped with the single.
This limited edition featured two bonus tracks, probably recorded during the
Real To Real Cacophony sessions. Kaleidoscope had
previously appeared live during the Life In A Day tour, whilst
Film Theme Dub was a radical reworking of
Film Theme. It was the band's first remix.
- John Leckie remixed and extended the title track, and the band
were enthusiastic to
release it on 12" - a relatively new format. It turned out cheaper to press the record in France and
import it to the UK. Therefore some French copies were stickered with UK catalogue numbers.
- The artwork on the 12" suggested the two tracks on the flexi-disc were being considered as the B-side. However, despite the
sleeve stating Film Theme Dub, the record was pressed with
- Film Theme Dub remains unissued in any other form, and is the band's