- The Live EP was released in February 2014 as a sneak audio-preview of the
Celebrate Live DVD.
- It was essentially a sampler, simply picking four tracks from the forthcoming release. It was also
the first release to feature Big Music.
- It was pressed in very limited numbers as a "thank you" to all fans who'd ordered the
Celebrate Live DVD before the 31st December 2013. Each
was individually numbered.
- The glossy gatefold package was Simple Minds' first independent release. It
was not issued by any record company.
- It was dispatched via mail and included a letter:
- An earlier version of the artwork was used for the various advertisements and flyers for
the single. At this point it was called Big Music Live EP although the final product
was simply called Live EP.
- The design was by Peacock and two live pictures taken by Alan Wild
graced the back of the package and the inner gatefold. Both were taken at the
Glasgow SSE Hydro.
- The pattern on the CD label was based on the blueprints of the Hydro ceiling.