- On the eve of the albumís release in November 2016,
the band took to the stage at Londonís Hackney Empire to
perform a special show for the BBC Radio2 In Concert series.
- The show comprises acoustic versions of some of their greatest hits and best-loved tracks along with cover
versions of some of the songs that shaped them. Watch out for a very special guest on the finale!.
- The Hackney Empire show was recorded and broadcast by
the BBC in association with Eagle Vision, so it was not surprising when it
turned up as a release in its own right seveal months later.
- Its release date was set to coincide with the UK leg of the Acoustic tour.
- Three formats carried the entire gig: these included a BluRay, DVD and double DVD-CD package.
- Some slight edits were made: the opening random noise and studio chat of Andy Warhol
was removed whilst Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me) had the second, aborted
middle-eight seamlessly edited out.
- The artwork was based on the Acoustic LP with the names of the songs written
on the guitar suitably altered to reflect the concert.
- Billy Sloan wrote the sleeve notes which were included in all three formats.
They were based on the more extensive essay he wrote for the Acoustic Tour Programme.
- Similar packages were released on